Ms. Sojeong Lee attended at AGS (Australian Geomechanics Society) Workshop on Unsaturated soil mechanics for practicing engineers.
The workshop was delivered by Prof. Nasser Khalili and Associate prof. Adrian R. Russell.
The workshop lasted for 2 days from 2nd July to 3rd July.
The main themes are below:
1. Introduction to unsaturated soil mechanics and the effective stress concept
2. Shear strength and deformation
3. Shrink and swell potential
4. Laboratory testing, in situ testing and parameter determination
5. Seepage and moisture movement
6. Lateral earth pressure and bearing capacity
7. Slope stability
8. Case studies
It was so meaningful time to broaden the knowledge about unsaturated soil mechanics!